Friday, August 18, 2017

Prototypes for Everyone

In my efforts to make my beading more accessible to everyone, I've been working on some component and simple designs that would make great beginner level projects, but keep with my funky style. I'm really happy with the depth to these designs as the beads dome in the middles and give the project a nice sense of depth that many basic designs lack. I'm loving tying out all the new beads, and though it can be hard to stay on top of ALL the new shapes, I have been trying to get to as many of them as I can, as quickly as I can. All of these are designs I've done since returning home from this year's Bead & Button Show. (In addition to all of my Bead & Button 2018 submission beading.)

I haven't found a good name for these ones, but I love the way they turned out. The names are just placeholders...until inspiration hits.

Zoliduos & Kites - The Zoliduos are a fun new shape and the Kites add an interesting challenge with the difference of sizes on each end. It worked great for adding space to this design.


Starbursts/Volcanos - Using Gem Duos, Super Duos, Nib-Bits, Prongs, and Seeds





FlowerCups - Using Beams, Prongs, Top Hole Rounds, Nib-Bits, and Demi Rounds.




I hope to make these into quick & easy patterns that will be available on my ETSY site soon.

Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment